Dollar General
3.1 tähteä viidestä tähdestä
Vastaanota viikoittaisia päivityksiä, arvosteluja ja ilmoituksia uusista työpaikoista

Dollar General työntekijäarvostelua

2.9Työn ja vapaa-ajan tasapaino

Lajitteluperuste

HyödyllisyysLuokitusPäivämäärä
Näytetään kaikki 31,990 arvostelua

nice people with a great work environment

Indeedin suosittelema

Indeedin suosittelema arvostelu
Working for dollar general is really nice its a nice laid back job that's easy to do but the only problem is the hours there extremely short if you work part time.

Good environment

no benefits
Oliko tästä arvostelusta hyötyä?

Fun workplace. Lots of great people, poor pay.

The people that work here are great, made many friends. The pay is not good, few hours available to work. Manager is hit or miss. I've had about 4 while working there.
Oliko tästä arvostelusta hyötyä?

The company sadly does not appreciate their employees, they focus on one goal and its expansion. We are more like numbers

We are not giving budget for work hours to accomplish the work load. Our goal should be to stalk the shelves so our customers can purchase in one stop what they need, we should not say we are out when it's in the back room but corporate with rather have us discuss surveys and conference calls about surveys then stock shelves . The customers are great and understanding. My staff was amazing worked great together. Would not be a bad company if they would remember we are people with families . Not numbers or robots

Its easy to get hired

Huonot puolet

Breaks are only 30 min if your a key holder you can get called off your break for assistance, often work alone so you cant really take a break

Inconsistent hours/pay

Inconsistent pay and work hours. Favoritism played a huge factor within this job. No training, just learn on your own and as you go. Overworked hours, under worked hours.

Every week pay.

Huonot puolet

Inconstant hours/pay for skills.

Bad place to work

They only hire part time for bad pay. As a part time key holder with over 10 years experience as csm, stock and key holder, they only paid under $12 an hour. They were always understaffed and the back stock was overwhelming. You had to consistently remind the manager that you need your break.

OT was strong

No benefits Bad pay Lack of management Lack of help
Oliko tästä arvostelusta hyötyä?

Arvostele yritys, jossa olet työskennellyt viimeksi

Jaa kokemuksesi ja auta muita

very busy work place that is fast paced.

You always have to be doing something. Management is willing to help out at registers to cover for you. Meet lots of regular customers so you get comfortable and memorize their orders. Easy-going, hard and fun co-workers.

Lack of staff

Poor management and terrible HR Mgt

Extremely poorly ran HR department. Terrible management that creates a toxic environment. They care more about optics and metrics than the employees. Supervisors were working 70 to 80 hour work weeks with no incentive while upper levels simply dial it in from home.

Plussat

Pay and Benefits are great if you work in the warehouse

Huonot puolet

Toxic environment in the management and terrible conditions for retail workers
Oliko tästä arvostelusta hyötyä?

Bad management and always threatened to lose hours or job over small things. Pretty much holding ur job over ur head. Other employees who have been here longer can treat u badky and get away with it. And when you bring it up to management they do nothing but blame it on you.

Oliko tästä arvostelusta hyötyä?

Not caring about the store employees

Working by yourself all the time.Not able to take lunch or breaksThey don’t care if you have CovidWorking by your self in a high volume store and they expect use to put a 2000 piece truck away and putting costumers first. Working alone and trying to put fresh truck up in coolers and freezer. Not happeningExpect you to work open and close everyday by yourself

Paycheck

Oliko tästä arvostelusta hyötyä?

Great place to work if it's for a second job or extra income

You do not get many hours it's definitely not for people who need alot of income or full time . Even full time employees only get 27 to 32 hrs a week and there can only be a couple full time employees . I love it as my second job they are nice she works with me on what hours I can work . I strongly recommend them for a second job or people in school things like that .

Work with you flexable.

Huonot puolet

Not much money or hours definitely not a full time job .
Oliko tästä arvostelusta hyötyä?

They can be a little hard to work for.

They can be a little hard to work for. In most cases (depending on store) you can be left alone for hours on end taking care of everything. It can get so busy that any tasks given may not be accomplished and then you face consequences for the lack of ability to that task. Overall it has the moment that can create a progressively large amount of unwarranted stress.

Plussat

no exactly a large amount of pros.

Huonot puolet

sometimes you don't get breaks, short staffs, the constant work that seems to have no end, stress inducer.
Oliko tästä arvostelusta hyötyä?

I have a great manager and staff however the pay is not the best

Great store and staff however the company is not the best. When severely understaffed they do nothing to help us out. The pay is not the best either. Reason I have continued to stay is the location is good for me and my manager has been very generous with time off and flexible with scheduling.

Plussat

Flexible schedule positive work enviornment

Pay, and benefits

It's okay

It's a fairly easy job. How easy depends on management which can make or break your experience. if you have a good manager you will enjoy your time there, though sometimes I ended up picking up the slack for other workers in different positions than me.

Overtime

Huonot puolet

Short breaks, you will always work on holidays and very few hours.
Oliko tästä arvostelusta hyötyä?

The place has alot of good customer's.

Place needs better management. Many new people are hired. This causes those to be given less time on the schedule. They are looking for people who can work everyday and probably full time.
Oliko tästä arvostelusta hyötyä?

Just a bad company especially for managers

I would never work for them again. Managers are treated like garbage and are helpless to do anything to benefit they employees especially with hours or pay or any kind of compensation

Too many to list

Horrible Company

Multiple instances where I was stuck alone for 3 plus hours. Are quick to promote you but do not properly train you. Wouldn’t recommend working here.

No pros

Huonot puolet

Can be left alone for long periods of time if a manager, Barely are given raises, No paid time off unless you’re a store or an assistant manager, Employee discounts are given out every few months

High turnover

High turnover , poor leadership, work on holidays, poor salary, deliveries are always late and wrong. DC never responds in an orderly fashion, district managers never send support

Typical retail

Same as most retail, jobs not hard. They just pay low wages. Like others they expect 110% but then pay 60%. Eventually people just get tired of the same pay scales.

Draining

Store managers can be great but the company itself is garbage. They don’t care about their employees. They’ll work you to death, edit time clocks, etc as long as it benefits them. It is not worth it.

Good pay, lots to do.

I worked here for a year and the work kept me busy all day non-stop so the days went by quickly. Very unpredictable workplace you never know what is going to happen. Decent pay but not enough for what you go through. You never know whether or not your truck will come on a specific day or whether or not your cash register will break. Work load is heavy and includes stress. If you can handle a full plate and overtime hours, then this job works for you.

Plussat

Decent pay Enough work to keep busy

Stressful Work overload Unreasonable expectations
Oliko tästä arvostelusta hyötyä?

Not productive or fun..too stressful. Long hours and can’t have every break

I do not suggest working at DG. Staff are overworked and Under paid coworkers steak and you get pinned for it. This whole company is twisted run if you can

Oliko tästä arvostelusta hyötyä?

Haluatko tietää enemmän työskentelystä täällä?

Esitä kysymys työskentelystä tai työhaastatteluista yrityksessä Dollar General. Yhteisömme vastaa.Kysy Kysymys

Yleisarvosana

Kulttuuri
  • yritykset
  • Dollar General
  • Työntekijäarvostelut
Kerro, miten voimme parantaa tätä sivua
Mitä lisäisit tai muuttaisit?