Subway
3.6 tähteä viidestä tähdestä
Vastaanota viikoittaisia päivityksiä, arvosteluja ja ilmoituksia uusista työpaikoista

Yrityksen Subway työntekijäarvostelut työnimikkeelle Opener

Lajitteluperuste

HyödyllisyysLuokitusPäivämäärä
Löydettiin 54 hakua vastaavaa arvosteluaKatso kaikki 50,816 arvostelua
Työpaikkakulttuuri

Productive workplace with necessity to rely on competency of others

Indeedin suosittelema

Indeedin suosittelema arvostelu
A typical day at subway included coming in, counting the money, going through inventory and making sure that the schedule was kept (calling in others if there were any no shows). In general the job was fairly straight forward. We had to prepare food, but we also had a number of jobs that needed to be accomplished before end of day. As assistant manager, it was my responsibility to take people off the floor to assist with these jobs when we had the time (obviously the customer comes first however, so these jobs would have to be put on hold if we got busy). Additionally I had to make sure that everyone was performing well individually and as a group. If there were any issues I was expected to jump in and guide the other employees on what needed to be done. The most stressful days were Tuesdays, which were days when we received new inventory. I would come in early to open the store and had to balance getting all of the food put away alongside normal opening procedures. It was difficult, but if you put your mind to it, the work moved fast. My favorite part of working their was talking to customers and my coworkers. I really liked getting to know the regular customers and I began hanging out with many of my coworkers outside of work which led to a very friendly and open environment where it was easy to be frank with one another.
Työpaikkakulttuuri

There is no management, but you get what you pay for

I was a 40-hour/week morning opener. Work was solid and consistent. Pay was more than acceptable given the workload, with 50-cent wage increases every six months without fail. You work well, you get paid well and get by-the-calendar raises. Nothing complex there.The owner would not hire a manager, nor promote from within. AM, nor PM shift had a strictly-defined leader. The owner had six other locations to manage and was rarely present for more than a few hours, a few times a week.My coworkers were 90% teenagers just there for pocket money, which does put more strain on any adult that works there because of their teenage drama, mood swings, etc.This is not a difficult job, it is not a complicated job. If you have even a small amount of work ethic and can stick to a schedule you'll be treated right by leadership, just don't expect to go anywhere in terms of rank or location. You get what you work for, and raises are done by time spent, not by merit or skill.

Free Lunches, Laid-Back Work Environment, Consistant Raises over time

Huonot puolet

No day-to-day leadership, teenage employee drama, no promotions, no merit-driven rewards
Työpaikkakulttuuri

Good place to start, No advancement

Good place to start, no advancement. Owner was okay to work for, but seemed somewhat shady. Other coworkers and the manager were nice and helpful. Pay was not great and there was no benefits.

Free Food

Low pay
Työpaikkakulttuuri

Fun to work unless a rush comes in

Decent job for a start. Not a place i would work forever but the experience does set you up for other opportunities elsewhereTeaches you basic customer service skills Fun friendly environment until a lunch or dinner rush comes in

Free lunches

Huonot puolet

Pay is not worth the work
Työpaikkakulttuuri

very back and forth, all depends on the area of the store

Really depends on the management but due to a usually small crew sometimes you will get taken advantage of/cut hours. Honestly a really easy job but do not rely on it to pay the bills.

Really easy, laid back

Huonot puolet

Shady coworkers occasionally, unreliable hours
Oliko tästä arvostelusta hyötyä?

Arvostele yritys, jossa olet työskennellyt viimeksi

Jaa kokemuksesi ja auta muita

Työpaikkakulttuuri

Worked as a shift lead four years ago and it was awful

My manager (thankfully retired by the time I'm writing this) was a walking safety hazard and didn't care about the customer's health. There were times I was forced to serve obviously rotten chicken and would be reprimanded if I didn't. I wasn't always the best employee but I did put in my best effort and trained the constantly rotating new employees.It's a good first job if you have low standards and just need to make a few bucks. It was $8.50 an hour when I worked there and I got a bonus because I had customer service experience. Not sure about nowadays though, it's depressing if that hasn't changed. No one can live on that.
Työpaikkakulttuuri

Decent starting job for adolescents

A lot of negative part of my review is based off bad experiences with a franchise owner, and store manager (which just happened to be closely related to the owner). They did not pay well and rarely gave any opportunity for raises. If they needed something special done, they expected you to be right there but werent understanding in what their employees may need at all. However, Subway itself has a very straightforward and easy to work with method for how they do things and their vision is clear. They have a very warm and welcoming approach to their restaurants and business and it's great how they focus on wholesome foods and contribute a lot to local communities.

Fun Job

Generally fun but other staff were very relaxed, so lead to many difficulties and issues. Underpaid for the quality of work I provided, due to my age i was perceived as naive which I am definitely not. I've been working in manual and technical labour jobs with my dad since 11 and have always strove for a quality work ethic, when i questioned management I was threatened with my notice but it was a good learning experience none-the-less.

Subway

Well, on the days I opened I came in early to get the days started which included turning on all of the machines and preparing the computer for the day. I also did food preparation after all these tasks were finished. Closing is the same except instead of preparing stuff, I took it down and counted drawers down. I've learned a lot of team and social skills.

Very laid back

It’s like every subway and is normally managed by one person for a while, until help is needed normally around lunch. It’s a very easy and relaxing job that most managers work with your schedule
Työpaikkakulttuuri

He was a quick an easy job to learn

I enjoyed my time working there loved the crew members and the costumers never really had a problem with my job. It was a very time consuming job witch I love because than the day goes by faster!

Good managment

For the location I am at, the owner is extremely envolved in running the business, which is a great perk of working there. Everyone works together as a tea.
Työpaikkakulttuuri

okay place to work if you are young

It was hard to put up with the high school kids not pulling their weight. I felt like I was the one making sure everything got done. Did not feel appreciated of working hard and doing well.
Työpaikkakulttuuri

Depending on which one you work at

Majorty of subway locations are a franchise. The work environment varies depending on how your manager and owner enforce the regulations. So its a hit or miss

Free lunch

Huonot puolet

Benefits
Oliko tästä arvostelusta hyötyä?

i loved it

Working at subway was one of the best jobs that i could have ever had. i loved the people that i worked with and the customers where super friendly and always welcoming the only down side was the manager.

free food

Don't do it

You need to be able to deal with people that will yell in your face for 20mins over a sub. It a job that most people don't consider to be a good one. Good luck to whoever wants to apply there

50% off subs

customers, being alone after 8
Työpaikkakulttuuri

Subway is a company that constantly takes advantage of its workers.

The company holds labor hours very low almost to the point to where it cannot operate. Management is aweful and the staff hired can barely function as productive members of society. My previous co-workers did not work nearly as hard as myself yet earned more money hourly due to threats of leaving. I believe a company should give raises and promotion based off of achievement and work ethics rather than threats and laziness.

Plussat

Nearly none. Hours are horrible and the work is not worth the pay.

Everything.

Alright

It's Subway. The food service is straight and to the point, you learn how to do everything on Day One. It's a great first job or part time second job.

Enjoyed my time here

Worked with a good crew. Manager really listened and took action to improve the work setting. Flexible hours and easy to request time off. High volume made work occasionally stressful.
Työpaikkakulttuuri

Easy and fun work envioment.

It was and easy and fun work environment. I love working customer service. It was easy to train and had good management. I have never loved a job more.

Fun working here

Its a fun job depending on who you work with. I've learned a lot of things about opening the store. I've learn that no one should bring their personal problems to work because some people don't care and make fum of it anyways .

50% discounts

No breaks
Oliko tästä arvostelusta hyötyä?

Haluatko tietää enemmän työskentelystä täällä?

Esitä kysymys työskentelystä tai työhaastatteluista yrityksessä Subway. Yhteisömme vastaa.Kysy Kysymys

Yleisarvosana